Category: Career Advice
Created on Tuesday, 15 September 2009 11:08
Written by Faith Yeo
Photo | GlasbergenA simple checklist for an effective resume.
1. Name skills and achievements, not just job designations.
2. Start with a cover letter.
3. List most recent jobs first.
4. Go no more than two pages.
5. Name at least two referees.
6. Provide photocopies of your resume.
7. Give additional and relevant details like driver's license, software skills and language competencies.
8. Use action words like "launched" and "initiated" and proofread for spelling errors. If possible, get a friend to proofread for you too.