Published on Monday, 25 May 2020 18:04
Written by Cheryl Teo
With the extension of the circuit breaker, most of our favourite hotel bars are closed for the foreseeable future. The Fullerton Hotel Sydney has shared a recipe for its signature cocktail, the Sydney Sling.
The Sydney Sling is a nod to the hotel’s Singaporean roots, The Fullerton Hotels and Resorts, which also owns and operates two award-winning hotels in Singapore, The Fullerton Hotel Singapore and The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore. Both hotels feature a signature Singapore Sling cocktail – the Sydney Sling is local version of the Singaporean classic.
Sweet, but with a touch of spice, the Sydney Sling is the ultimate happy hour tipple. When you are making a cocktail in your own home, it allows you to get creative with the ingredients and tools.
- 45ml gin - The Fullerton Hotel Sydney uses Four Pillars 58.8 Gin
- 45ml blood orange juice - grapefruit juice is a great substitute
- 15ml hibiscus liqueur - elderflower Liqueur is a great substitute
- 10ml ginger liqueur - alternatively, double up on ginger juice
- 25ml fresh lime juice
- 10ml fresh ginger juice
- 10ml Grenadine
- 20ml sugar syrup - see recipe below
- Dehydrated ginger slice - or any fruit of your choice, to garnish
1. Combine all ingredients and shake together vigorously for five seconds.
2. Strain into your desired glass over ice and enjoy.
Making sugar syrup requires equal parts sugar and water. You can also make a thicker style syrup by adding two parts sugar to one-part water.
1. Boil the water in a saucepan, add the sugar and stir until it dissolves.
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Store in a firmly sealed bottle or container in the fridge where it can keep for a few weeks.
About The Fullerton Hotel Sydney
The Fullerton Hotel Sydney (opened in 2019), situated in the city’s iconic former General Post Office (GPO) building at No. 1 Martin Place, marks The Fullerton Hotels and Resorts’ first international expansion. The Fullerton Hotels and Resorts currently owns and operates two award-winning hotels in Singapore, namely The Fullerton Hotel Singapore(opened in 2001) and The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore (opened in 2010). Both hotels anchor the historic and cultural The Fullerton Heritage precinct, located in Marina Bay, the heart of Singapore’s city centre.
The Fullerton Hotel Sydney is a sister hotel to The Fullerton Hotel Singapore, which shares a similar rich history as a former GPO. The Fullerton Hotel Sydney is a luxury hotel in the heart of Sydney’s Central Business District that showcases the beauty and heritage of the original building to a wider audience, both nationally and globally. The Fullerton Hotel Sydney is a Preferred Hotels & Resorts partner and part of the Legend Collection. To learn more, visit: www.fullertonhotels.com