Category: Weird Articles
Published on Friday, 17 October 2014 00:00
Don't you hate that awkward silence that just falls upon a group of people after they have been talking about something for awhile? Everyone won't know what to do then, and pulling out your handphone to peruse through your social media pages would just deem you anti-social, so you have to make do with fiddling with your fingers and awkwardly looking around at everything else other than the people seated with you. Alternatively, you can read through the list of random facts and whenever there is an awkward silence, you can throw a quirky tidbit in with, “Did you know that...” and another conversation would pick up from there.
1. If you were to spell every number out, you would not come across the letter “A” until you reach one thousand.
2. A quarter of a human being's DNA is identical to the DNA of bananas. IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!
3. Butterflies taste with their feet.
4. A cat will imitate a crying baby to get attention.
5. Cows have best friends.
6. Cuddling stimulates the release of Oxytocin which causes the body to heal wounds faster. So last time when you stubbed your toe as a kid and your mum gave you a cuddle to feel better, it actually works in making the boo boo go away!
7. If you stretch out the DNA in your body, it would reach the sun and back.
8. The Eiffel tower was supposed to have been demolished shortly after its construction.
9. A group of flamingos is called a “flamboyance”.
10. There is a type of Jellyfish that could lead to discovering the secret of immortality as it is able to regenerate its cells over and over again and live forever... until it is eaten and passed out as poop.
11. There are three mini lego men on the Juno spacecraft on its way to Jupiter
12. Mars has its own flag to represent the planet.
13. The “naked recreation and travel” industry has grown by 23.3% in the past decade.
14. Throughout the South, before the civil war, peanuts were known as “Monkey Nuts” (maybe because they resemble them), and “Goober peas”.
15. A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes.
16. A group of porcupines is called a prickle.
17. If you blend a live sea sponge in a blender, it will somehow reform itself back into a sea sponge. Spongebob is practically indestructible.
18. We have all spent about half an hour of our lives as a single cell.
19. Every atom in your body was formed in the heart of a star. We are all made of stardust. Do you feel fabulous or what?
20. The common swift spends its entire life in the air, only coming down to breed.
21. The name “Wendy” never existed until Peter Pan was written.
22. Ten percent of your body weight is bacteria. Go ahead and minus that off from your total weight to feel sexy and skinny.