Husky Gets a Bad Trip and is Non-Responsive After Eating Marijuana Cakes

husky eats marijuana
 
A worrying video has emerged showing the effects of the drug marijuana has on a Siberian Husky. The dog apparently secretly gobbled up some cannabis cakes that were lying around the house, and its owner only found out when it was too late.
 
With its tongue limply hanging out of his mouth, eyes glazed over and not focusing on anything in particular at all, the Husky seemed to be in a catatonic state and kept threatening to tip over if not for a man helping him sit upright.
 
The dog was in such a bad state that the man had to force its mouth open to stuff its tongue back in.
 
“Come on, put your tongue back in your mouth,” the man urged the dog before realizing that the onus is on him to do it.
 
husky eats marijuana
The Husky's tongue was limply hanging out of his mouth
 
The man also tried encouraging and pushing against the Husky's stomach in an attempt to get it to vomit but to no avail. Defeated, all he could do was stroke the dog's head in a comforting manner.
 
The man off-camera can be heard sympathetically saying “Poor guy.”
 
The man tried once again to induce vomitting for the Husky while the man off-camera commented, “It's like he is not even real”, as the dog slumps over and gazes off into the distance before the video cuts off abruptly.
 
husky eats marijuana
The Husky remains non-responsive
 
The video was uploaded onto YouTube by TonyCostaMovies who wrote this in the video's description box:
 
“After having friends over my roommate and I were watching tv when we noticed Loki, my roommate's dog starts flipping out in his corner. He couldn't control his muscles so he would twitch. This guy loves to get into things. After investigating, we established that he had went into one of our friends bag and ate his rice krispie treats filled with marijuana. After contacting our veterinarian friends we knew it was just a waiting game. We kept careful watch on him for the next 20 hours. The next morning he was still high and able to walk, by that evening he was back to normal running around. And today he is back to getting into things again, guess he didnt learn his lesson :)
 
I posted this video for entertainment purposes and with the rise of marijuana legalization to be able to use for educational purposes. I read a great article on marijuana poisoning on dogs, here it goes.
 
 
You can now breathe a sigh of relief knowing that nothing untoward happened to this beautiful Siberian Husky. However, if your pet does consume anything that they are not supposed to, do not follow what these irresponsible dog owners did. You should immediately rush your pet to the nearest vet so that they could properly advise you on what needs to be done. In some circumstances, they would have to pump your pet's stomach to rid it of the harmful substance. Whipping out the camera to take a video recording won't do much to rectify the situation and only shows what an irresponsible and selfish individual you are.
 
To prevent any of this from happening in the first place, keep all harmful substances out of reach from your pet.
 
Check out the video below of the effects marijuana had on the Siberian Husky.
 
 

Enjoyed the article? Share it with others.

Login

Joomla! Open Graph tags